Visas Students from countries which require a visa or have signed an agreement on a visa-free period of up to 90 days (tourist, private and business travel) shall apply for a long stay visa (type D) to Ukraine, which allows you to stay in Ukraine longer than 90 days. Citizens of countries with which Ukraine has signed a visa-free regime agreement (Georgia, Moldova, Belarus, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan, Russia) do not require a visa to Ukraine, but shall provide an original or photocopy of the “Invitation to study” when crossing the Ukrainian border to verify the purpose of their visit to Ukraine. To obtain a long stay visa (type D), a prospective student shall submit a series of documents to the consulate or embassy of Ukraine in their respective country as indicated on the embassy’s website. Regardless of where you submit your documents, you will always be asked to include the original “Invitation to study”. We would like to stress that the documents from your previous education must be officially certified before submission to the consulate. This can be done one of two ways: legalised by the Ministry of Education and Science, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Embassy of Ukraine in your country or certified by Apostille stamp and legalized at the Embassy of Ukraine in your country. These documents must be officially recognized in Ukraine for a Ukrainian university to be able to issue your diploma certificate upon graduation. How to pass customs control? Upon arrival at the airport of Kyiv (Boryspil or Zhulyany) to pass customs control, foreigners must have: If at least one of the abovementioned requirements is not fulfilled, the foreigner will not be allowed to enter the territory of Ukraine by customs officers. Extension of the period of stay in Ukraine is carried out by the bodies of the State Migration Service on the basis of a written request of the University, which is prepared by the Department for Foreign Citizens. The application is submitted no later than three working days from the date of submission by the foreigner of his / her national passport (or a document substituting it) to the University. Students of Kyiv International University are provided with a dormitory.