Bohdan Khmelnytsky National University of Cherkasy
How to get an invitation
- The invitationsof the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine to a foreign citizen for studies are issued by higher education institutions.
- To receive an invitation, a foreign national must send scanned copies (in *.jpeg format) of the following documents to email@example.com to the Educational-Scientific Center “Institute of International Education”: a) the completed application form; b) the first page of the foreign passport, as well as the translation of the first page of the foreign passport into Ukrainian; c) document on prior education with grades (points) and information on the system of knowledge assessment, according to which the grades are presented in the document (translated into Ukrainian); d)completed written consent to the processing of personal data.
- In case of a positive decision of the University Admissions Committee, the process of making the Invitation takes place.
- The term of making the invitation shall be at least 3 working days.
- Before receiving the Invitation, the Applicant must pay the cost of the invitation form - 40 UAH and visa support in the amount of 324,00 UAH (prices are indicated without a fee). Visa support is the official confirmation of the registration of the“Invitation to Studies”. Without visa support, the consul does not accept a foreigner's document to open a type D student visa.
- Invitations Foreign entrants can receive: a) personally abroad; b) personally on the territory of Ukraine; c) by mail.
- Validity period of the Invitation is 6 months (from the date of assignment of the invitation number).
- According to the Decree of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine of November 1, 2013, number one thousand five hundred forty-one (as amended by the Decree of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine of December 11, 2015, No. 1272). Registered with the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine on January 05, 2016 under No. 8/28138, established the Procedure for issuing and registering invitations to studies (internship) to foreigners and stateless persons in Ukraine. In accordance with the above Procedure, all foreign entrants (visa and visa-free countries), for which the purpose of arrival to Ukraine is the studies, must receive from the University "The Invitation to Studies" by the appropriate sample on the form approved by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine. All "Invitations to Studies" are subject to compulsory registration with the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine prior to issuance to foreign applicants.
- For citizens of visa countries, as well as countries with which Ukraine has signed visa-free agreements up to 90 days (tourist, private and business trips), it is necessary to obtain a long-term ("studies", type D) visa to Ukraine that allows you to stay in the country more than 90 days.
- Citizens of countries with which Ukraine has signed visa-free agreements: Russian Federation, Georgia, Moldova, Belarus, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan do not require a visa to Ukraine, but must provide an original or a copy of the "Invitation to Studies" at the border crossing of Ukraine as confirmation of the purpose of arrival to Ukraine.
- To obtain a type D visa, you must submit to the Consulate of Ukraine in your country the documents as listed on the Embassy's website. This list of documents must include the original "Invitation to Studies". In addition, we draw your attention to the fact that your prior education documents must be officially certified by your country (legalized (Ministry of Education + Ministry of Foreign Affairs + Embassy of Ukraine in your country) or stamped with Apostille stamp before applying to the consulate + legalized at the Embassy of Ukraine). These documents must be officially recognized in Ukraine in order for the Ukrainian university to be able to give you a diploma after graduation.