CONDITIONS OF ENTRY TO THE TERRITORY OF UKRAINE All foreign applicants, who arrive in Ukraine for the purpose of education, must obtain the "Invitation to Study" from the University. The invitation must meet all the requirements for this document set by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine. Citizens from countries which require a visa or have signed an agreement on a visa-free period of up to 90 days (tourist, private and business travel) must apply for a long stay visa (“study” type D) to Ukraine, which allows them to stay in Ukraine for more than 90 days. Citizens of countries with which Ukraine has signed a visa-free regime agreement: Russian Federation, Georgia, Moldova, Belarus, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan do not require a visa to Ukraine, but must provide an original or photocopy of the “Invitation to Study” when crossing the Ukrainian border to verify the purpose of their visit to Ukraine. To obtain a long stay visa (type D), an applicant must submit a set of documents to the Consulate or Embassy of Ukraine in their country according to the list of documents on the Embassy’s website ( This list of documents necessarily includes the original of the "Invitation to study". In addition, we would like to draw your attention to the fact that before submission to the consulate, the documents on your previous education must be officially certified in the established order that is used in your country (legalized (by the Ministry of Education + Ministry of Foreign Affairs + the Embassy of Ukraine in your country) or certified by Apostille stamp + legalized at the Embassy of Ukraine in your country). These documents must be officially recognized in Ukraine so that the University could issue your diploma after graduation.   MIGRATION REQUIREMENTS FOR FOREIGN STUDENTS All foreigners, who arrive in Ukraine for the purpose of education, must obtain a temporary residence permit from the Migration Service and be registered at the place of their actual residence during the period of study. For citizens from visa countries migration procedures do not exceed 15 working days until visa expiration date (visa expiration date - 90 days) , for citizens from non-visa countries – up to 75 days from the date of crossing the Ukrainian border. A foreign citizen must properly arrange health insurance coveringthe entire period of study. Upon entering the next level of education (Bachelor’s Degree program after Preparatory faculty or Master’s Degree program after Bachelor’s) or when transferring to another university, foreigners must monitor the expiry date of their permit validity – documents for its renewal must be submitted to the Migration Service no later than 15 working days before it expires. If the validity of the temporary residence permit expired and it was not extended in due time, a foreigner has to leave Ukraine and obtain a new entry visa in order to continue education. If the student has been expelled from the educational institution, the university must, within a 10-day period, provide the Migration Service with notice of the termination of his/her training, return the permit and cancel the registration. After that the student has to leave the territory of Ukraine within 7 days. It is important to know that the Migration Legislation of Ukraine does not allow foreign students to be employed while studying.